If that sounds perfectly normal to you, welcome. I hope you find my discussions insightful, and I hope you’ll take it upon yourself to critique my claims whenever possible in comments.
If that sounds completely bizarre to you, then welcome–I’m sure you’re far from alone. If you’re interested in learning what Bitcoin is, consider taking a look at Bitcoin in Brief, a short primer I wrote aimed at explaining the concept in a non-technical fashion.
What I’m doing is not that different from what traditional stock day traders do. The primary difference is in the medium of exchange I use. Bitcoin (and other cryptocurrencies) are valuable to people like me because their price usually looks like a heartbeat monitor:
To most investors, something like this would sound horrible. For day traders, it’s perfect. We thrive on volatility–it’s flat-lining markets that kill us.
So what am I writing on this blog? A lot of things. Here’s a list.
- News – I probably won’t be the first with everything, but I’ll be quick. By nature of my work, I’m very plugged in.
- Commentary – On the news.
- Discussion – Of the news.
- Public Positions – I’ll publish my trading actions in real-time. You can the view the archive of my actions here. My current positions will always be in that top sidebar.
- Humor – Mostly dumb internet jokes.
- Reviews – Of anything Bitcoin or cryptocurrency related. Currently, I’ve written up a fairly detailed review of my take on the most popular Bitcoin exchanges.
Thanks for joining me. I hope to learn from running this blog; I also hope to teach. Comments are always welcome, as they help us all to do both.