CampBX appears to have either gone under or gone scammy–lots and lots of complaints from many, many users about failures to withdraw, bounced checks, and so on. Avoid them.
- Located in Georgia, USA
- Withdrawals currently disabled (look here) has raised BTC price as people withdraw.
- Offers limited Margin trading functionality, plans to expand into Shorts and so on
- Very high default fees (.55%) that they claim to retroactively reduce if you’re a high volume user
- Sensible KYC/AML provisions
- BTC/USD only, low volume (~500BTC/day)
- US-based in Atlanta
- Well-designed layout and platform
- Looks to be expanding well, technologically–good features on the horizon
- Way too low volume to be taken seriously right now
- No withdrawals currently
- Not sure how well their fee structure scales down, and their website does not tell me
Arbitrary CampBX Review Ratings:
Ease of Use: 5/10
Trading Utility: 3/10
Customer Service: 3/10 (The majority of the BitcoinTalk complaints have at least one interaction with customer service involving missed deadlines)
Would I recommend it to my mother? No.